my impressions, opinions and fruition experience about movies and tv shows. I won't write spoilers, please leave comments!

24 Dec 2007

Then She Found Me (2007)

Director: Helen Hunt

I don't remember how I got to this film. what I know is that it's new and I haven't heard so much about it, yet.

so the story is about a schoolteacher, April, who is 39, she wants a baby but her husband leaves her. on the same day, as she was adopted, her biological mother asks her to meet.

we have then 2 story lines: her path to motherhood and her building relationship with her mother.
of course there is romance, I have to say quite simple but realistic; but most of all there is the issue of parental love: the realtionship with her foster mother, how her "new" mother tries to find a role, how April finds her own role with his boyfriend's children and the main thread that moves the story, how she is going to be a mother.

I can say that I liked this movie. it has a quite unusual topic in the latest year's films, maybe more typical of tv shows, maybe because it usually needs more then 2 hours to be told: in this the film is really successful to draw the situation; besides the characters have their own depth.
as you can imagine from the topic, it's not a light film but on the same time you don't feel the effort to watch it.

as a debut for Helen Hunt as a director, I think she is successful bringing something new.

No comments: